Thorngate Churcher Trust's Russell Churcher Court is a residential care home, specialising in high quality care for the frail elderly and those living with dementia. We are looking to appoint an activities senior to research, plan, co-ordinate and run activities. The successful candidate will also manage the activities team and rota and will report to the care home manager.
This role is 36 hour per week.
Key responsibilities: Activities Team leader
- Arranging four weekly rota for the Activity team
- Source and facilitate meaningful and fulfilling activities to ensure that we continually enrich and stimulate the lives of the people living within our home, including those living with dementia.
- Liaise with external and internal parties to establish suitable programmes tailored to the needs of each of our residents these include music, exercise, games, quizzes, arts, crafts, gardening, trips and outings.
- Plan daily/weekly and monthly.
- Plan outings for residents, liaising with staff, families and external organisations, transport, etc
- Ensure the Home has a selection of appropriate activity materials available at all times ready for the planned activities.
- Ensure that all financial procedures and policies are adhered to dealing with all monies.
- Ensure the Home has a selection of appropriate activity materials available at all times ready for the planned programmes
- Offer some flexibility in working hours to attend outside events if possible.
- To promote links within the local community and schools - encouraging children to visit the home and assist with sing alongs, games, gardening and much more.
- The majority of activities take place indoors. However, when the weather permits, we take maximum advantage of our lovely outdoor gardens area.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Charity in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a caring role or a similar background is required. You will need to have experience of looking after older people especially those living with dementia.
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care/Activities or above (Adult) is preferred but not essential
- Able to work independently and on own initiative within specified guidelines or processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to deal with colleagues at all levels.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively with senior managers in Housing, Care, Finance, HR, and Maintenance.
- Able to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Keen to keep up-to date, with legal requirements and developments, and willing to undertake further qualifications.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Charity and its staff and maintain compliance with the Data Protection Act/ General Data Protection Regulations.
- To adhere to Charity Health, Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- Any other duties as required.
The purpose of this job description is to focus attention on the most important aspects of the job-holder’s role. It is not intended to be a complete list of the duties; therefore it is to be expected that the day to day performance of the job will include tasks not listed above. The list of duties for which the job-holder is responsible may reasonably be varied or added to at the discretion of the Trust.